Are you facing annoying error [pii_email_57a94af4d4fda2145bad] while trying to access Outlook ?
- Make sure that you are connected to the Internet
- Repair your Outlook or Outlook Express
- Make sure that your email profile works correctly
- Start Outlook in safe mode
- Delete suspicious email messages from your mailbox
- Make sure that your Outlook email account settings are correct
- Third-party products that cause this problem
- Run the MAPI Repair Tool
- Re-create the Sent Items.dbx file
- Verify all SMTP email addresses in the distribution list
- Increase the server time-out setting
- Check your antivirus manufacturer’s website for additional suggestions
- Configure your firewall software to enable Outlook to access the Internet
- Run the Inbox Repair Tool to repair your .pst file
- Clean up email messages that are stuck in your Outbox
Repair your Outlook or Outlook Express
- In Outlook 2010 choose File.
- Choose Account Settings > Account Settings.
- On the Email tab, choose your account (profile), and then choose Repair.
Note: The Repair option isn’t available if you’re using Outlook 2016 to connect to an Exchange account.
Follow the prompts in the wizard, and when you’re done, restart Outlook.
if the error message is accompanied by a time-out error message, you may be able to resolve this problem by increasing the server time-out setting in Outlook or Outlook Express. To increase the server time-out setting, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for the version of Outlook or Outlook Express that you have installed.
Outlook 2010 and later
- Start Outlook.
- On the Files menu, click Info.
- Click Account Settings, and then select Account Settings from the list.
- Click to select the target POP3 account, and then click Change.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Gradually increase the server time-out setting until the issue is resolved.
Fixing [pii_email_57a94af4d4fda2145bad] Error Code
We hope the above instructions will help you to resolve the error in [pii_email_57a94af4d4fda2145bad] Outlook. Even if the error still persists, we recommend you contact Outlook support directly for complete assistance.