Think about it; TV has come such a long way over the last few decades. In the past, your choice of what to watch was limited. This has all changed through the introduction of innovations such as cable, video, DVD, Blu-Ray and live streaming. Now, we have a ton of choice available on cable, as well as Redbox locations in their thousands, where we can hire DVDs, Blu-Ray discs and games, and content from live streaming giants such as Netflix.
We are going to take a look at what has caused the changes in the way we watch TV and movies in our homes. We are also going to talk about some of the further changes you are likely to see in the near future.
Why the change in the way we view content?
The biggest reason that the way we view content has changed is the advancement of technology. If this had not happened, we would not have access to the smartphones, tablets, smart TVs and connected homes that we are now used to. Advances in technology have expanded the viewing experience. We now:
- Watch content and communicate using smart TVs.
- Watch content on the move using mobile devices.
- Connect devices such as TVs, laptops and gaming consoles as part of the connected home philosophy.
We already have a far wider choice of what we can watch than we did in the past and that is likely to grow even more in the future. Buy climbing carabiner
What does the future hold for TV?
It’s hard to tell exactly what the future holds, but there are several predictions which have been made by the experts and seem to be pretty accurate.
- Programming will be tailored to individuals. There is a good chance that services such as Netflix will be able to predict what you want to watch next and give you a couple of programs to choose between. This helps to create your own personalized viewing schedule.
- There will be more creative freedom around TV and movie production as online content enables greater flexibility and the ability to appeal to a niche audience.
- The rise of 3D projection will enable people to interact with their viewing content, and control it with hand gestures.
- Smart TVs will be the norm, which will lead to increased competition between cable companies, streaming experts, and tech giants.
In the past, predicted leaps in technology were often seen as far-fetched. Today, we are more inclined to believe such predictions. We have seen just how far things have advanced in a relatively small period of time. This is why we can sit and imagine ourselves controlling images with our arms and having a totally personalized viewing schedule of all of our favorite shows. It’s all completely believable to us and it makes for a very exciting viewing future.